PloggerPress is a plugin for WordPress that I created to integrate the Open Source gallery, Plogger, into my blog. It allows you to embed photos and albums in posts and comes with a function to display images in your sidebar. See below for full list of features.
Download the PloggerPress Plugin for WordPress:
Use a tag to insert thumbnails of all images in an album in a post, like this:
2 Or insert large thumbnail of single image like this:
- Use the sidebar function to show any number of random images in a block. See my site for an example.
- Support for LightboxJS
- Configurable link type (link to picture, album or use lightbox)
- Configurable sidebar (random images, recent images or specific album)
- Option menu to configure plugin
- Tested on Wp 2.5 and Plogger 2.1 (UPDATE: But does work with Plogger 3 too)
- Plogger database must be in the same database as your WordPress installation
- Lightbox support requires the LightboxJS Plugin
- Copy plugin to plugins directory and activate in admin panel
- Configure the url and table prefix of your plogger installation in the Plogger Press options menu
- Configure the other options in the options menu (Install the lightboxJS plugin if required)
- To get random images in your sidebar use:
plogger_press_sidebar(); or plogger_press_sidebar(6);
– where you can change the number of images you reuqire – leaving out the argument makes the plugin use number configured in options menu
- To use in your posts:
<plogalbum>2</plogalbum> : will insert small thumbnails of all images in album with id=2
<plogphoto>7</plogphoto> : will insert large thumbnail of photo with id=7
Theme Integration with Plogger
See my post on this subject. But I’ve dumped Plogger from my own blog because I can’t get theme integration to work in Plogger 3.
- Release 0.4.1 – most recent images order fixed
- Release 0.4: – IMPORTANT: tags now lowercase to be XHTML valid!
- Release 0.3: – many more options in options panel – support for lightboxJS plugin – configurable link type (link to picture, album or lightboxJS) – configurable block type (random images, recent images or specific album)
- Release 0.2: – added admin options panel – configuration of table prefix and url of plogger installation from panel – configuration number of sidebar images from options panel (this is optional – argument in sidebar fucntion overides this)
- Release Alpha 0.1: Easy – my first plugin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!